Friday, March 11, 2011

I'm Walkin On Sunshine

Do you ever have those days where you are just happy to be alive?  These past couple of days have been that way for me, so I thought I'd just do a recap of all the wonderful things that have happened.

On Thursday, I slept in.  I went to class at 1:00, which I was kinda bummed about because the BYU basketball game started at 1:00 and my class lasts for 2 hours, which means I would miss pretty much all of the game.  BUT the girl who sat next to me in class was keeping track of the game on her phone.  She set her phone on the table between us, and we were having a great time.  Also, in class we played "bingo" with Sweet Tarts and Sprees.  (I love being an ECE major!)  When we had a little break in the middle of class, one of the girls was like, "I love your hair!  Where do you get it cut?  I've been wanting to cut my hair for a while."  I was pleasantly surprised, mostly because I didn't think my hair looked that great Thursday.  At the end of class, there was about a minute and a half left in the basketball game, and BYU was up by 6.  We were like, "Oh I'm sure we'll win."  I walked down the stairs to leave, and there was a mass of people gathered around this tiny TV at the bottom of the stairs.  Anyone who passed by just stopped and watched the game.  With 30 seconds left, TCU got within 2 points of us.  We were all dying, but the Cougars pulled it off.  Everyone clapped and cheered and went on their way.

Then, I got to go interview a teacher at Wasatch Elementary for an assignment.  I was really grateful that I was able to do that because the assignment was due Thursday, and as of Wednesday night I hadn't heard anything from any of the teachers I had emailed.  But on Thursday morning I had gotten 3 or 4 emails back from teachers who were so nice and willing to help me out.  After the interview, I walked home, and the sun was out and the weather was BEAUTIFUL and I loved it.  I have been able to wear my Chacos for the past 4 days!  When I got home, I went to Macey's with Shelbi, where we got awesome deals on some groceries (88 cents for a jar of spaghetti sauce and 99 cents for a box of oatmeal cream pies!), and we picked up a pizza from Little Caesar's.

I did a little bit of homework, and then me and my friend Valerie decided to hang out.  We went to her condo and played Guitar Hero, then we went and saw The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  I love that movie!!!!!


Today was wonderful as well.  After my first class, Kelley and I decided to go to Macey's to see if we could hunt down some Girl Scouts and buy cookies.  We forgot that it was the middle of the day and any Girl Scouts would be in school...  So we ended up just getting Reese's milkshakes from Macey's.  When leaving Macey's, my car got backed into by the old man in front of us at a stop sign... nothing really happened to my car, and Kelley and I had a good laugh about it.  Seriously, every time we do something together, something ridiculous happens to us.  After my next class, I studied, took a test, and got a 91%!

When Shelbi got home, we went shopping at Target.  We got back, and it was 7:30.  The basketball game today had started at 7:00, and it was against New Mexico, who had already beat us twice.  I was just gonna come straight home and turn on the game, but I couldn't find it on any channel!  Turned out, it was on CBS College Sports (who gets that channel anyway?).  I dragged Shelbi up to campus because I knew it would be on somewhere up there.  By the time I found a TV that was showing it (which was quite small, by the way) in the basement of the Wilk , it was halftime.  Jimmer had scored 33 points in the first half.  I always seem to miss the games where he's absolutely amazing.  There were about 30-40 people crowded around this TV, and the second half of the game was crazy intense.  In the end, BYU came through and finally beat New Mexico.  It helped that Jimmer had 52 POINTS!!  Seriously, 52 points in one game?  Who is he?  I witnessed him break Danny Ainge's career scoring record at BYU, which also set a Mountain West Conference record.  It was the best basketball game I've seen so far.

As soon as the game ended, it was time for me and Shelbi and Dave to see Tangled in the Varsity Theater.  It was such a good movie!!!  One of my new favorites, definitely.  I might have even cried a little...

In sum, these have been a perfect couple of days.  And I love Jimmer.  

2 comments:

  1. I like it all!
    Ainge's record was still standing?
    That was from back when I was at BYU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy right? I thought maybe Ainge was during your time.

    ReplyDelete